We’re happy to announce that Sadéc District will be in Ha Noi for the 6th time, in the upcoming last week of October 2020. This time we’ll bring you the Mekong Emotions 2020, in which the traditional handicrafted products from the Mekong Delta and South East Asia craft villages will be exhibited and traded.
For the last 7 years, Sadéc District has followed the journey of Mekong. The Mekong river is a thousand kilometer long, therefore, the daily routine of the people here like, the floating market on the Cửu Long river, Vietnam or the fishing village at Biển Hồ, Cambodia are already very appealing to tourists. All the heritage of tradition like local cuisines, festivals, languages, the conventionalities and the living of the people located along two sides of the Mekong river are all exhibited on the variety of their craft villages and handicrafted products.
For each and every land as well as the craft village, over time, craftsmen diligently discover and refine to create the useful products in life and filled with love. In the coastal and plain areas we have jute, sedge, water hyacinth, a combination of seagrass and palm (Corypha lecomtei), loom, lacquer, carving, embroidery, ceramic, glass. And in the midlands and mountainous areas the offers are rattan, bamboo, wood, brocade…
As a curator, Sadéc District would love to share with you values of cuture, contemporary feeling, have your mind opened with diversity of cultures and respect all traditional values through these applied art products.
* On the next couple of days, we will keep on sending our stories about handicraft villages that we have been through, photos of representative products on our fanpage https://www.facebook.com/SadecDistrict.
The Mekong Emotions 2020 by Sadéc District will be on 29, 30, 31 October and 1 November at the Exhibition Centre of Fine Arts and Photography on 29 Hàng Bài, Hà Nội.
* Kindly refer to the instruction as listed below for more details.
– Your purchase could be done via payment card.
– Taxi and contracted cars under 9 seats are banned in Hàng Bài street. Therefore, if you travel by technology car, please stop at Lý Thường Kiệt street (near the Lý Thường Kiệt – Hàng Bài intersection) for your pick up or get off.
– If you travel with your own vehicles (bike or car), you can park your vehicles at the parking lot on Lý Thường Kiệt street. There will be the parking lot available opposite to Art Gallery on the weekend.
– We’re sorry to announce that all the online purchases will be postponed during this time as our staffs will be at the pop-up store. We’re sorry for this inconvenience and hope for your understanding.
– The Mekong Emotions 2020 might be closed earlier than the original plan in the case of we are out of stock.
To celebrate Christmas Eve 2018, Sadéc District along with The Craft House, Catherine Denoual Maison and NauNau very pleased to invite you and your friends to join our “ding a ling the upcoming Christmas – Sale up to 50% off” will happen from 5-15 December. Only at Sadéc Disrtrict Two – 63 Xuân Thủy. District 2, Thủ Đức City. Hồ Chí Minh City, Vietnam.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and enjoy Christmas presents with your friends and family.
Photographer: Nguyễn Hải Đông
a special district of the Special District
9:00 am to 5:00 pm everyday
| Sadéc District Two
63 Xuân Thủy. District 2, Thủ Đức City. Hồ Chí Minh City.
Tel: +84 (0) 28 3620 3814.
All rights reserved.
Dear our beloved customers, from 24th January 2022, Sadéc District will be temporarily closed. Both offline and online orders will not available. All informations will be published when Sadéc District is back to town.
Thank you so much for all your supports during the last 8 years.